Please read through the Terms & Conditions before completing the form thereunder.
BY REQUESTING THIS CONSENT, I HEREBY AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE RULES AND THE CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH THE CONSENT IS GRANTED.
I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY CONDUCT AND THAT OF MY GUESTS AND ANY DAMAGE DONE TO THE BLOCK AND/OR ACADEMIA PROPERTY.
I UNDERSTAND THAT CONTRAVENTION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES OR RULES CONTAINED IN THE ACADEMIA CODE OF CONDUCT AS WELL AS THE UNIVERSITY’S RULES AND REGULATIONS COULD LEAD TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Quiet times: All parties should remain within quiet times. Monday – Thursday 21:00; Friday and Saturday 23:00 and Sunday is 24-hour quiet time. No socials will be allowed within two weeks before the start of the exam or within the exam.
2. Guests: A maximum of 25 people will be allowed, including those residing in the block where the proposed social is to take place.
3. Social frequencies: Only one party per block per evening will be permitted. The same room cannot host a social more than twice a month. The Assistant Residence Head will use discretion on how many block parties are allowed within a month.
4. Application for permission: You should submit the electronic form three days (72 hours) in advance. The Assistant Residence Head of your house will receive the form and will grant/deny consent for the social by email. Without consent the social cannot proceed.
5. The code of conduct applies unaltered.
6. Noise/Music: Noise must be kept to an acceptable level and be respectful of other people in the block who may wish to study. NO BOOM boxes / big speakers; Music must REMAIN at the volume/of the type agreed to when the consent is granted. Music may only be played from a room.
7. Furniture and property: All furniture to be treated with respect and to be returned to units after the party; dancing on tables and funnels are NOT allowed; handling/abuse of firefighting equipment is strictly prohibited; flower beds are to be avoided.
8. General behavior: No indecent behavior of any kind will be tolerated (this includes undressing and making use of the garden as a urinary facility); Verbal or physical abuse of other residents of Academia, the ALC, Assistant Resident Heads, mentors, security personnel and night assistants will not be tolerated.
9. Cleaning up: The area where the gathering was held is to be cleaned by 08h00 of the next day by the hosts of the party.
10. The assistant resident head(s), executive leaders, managers, block leaders, security personnel and night assistants may at any stage withdraw consent for the social when their discretion the rules are not being adhered to.
11. It is a responsibility of the social event applicant to notify the people in his/her block about the inconvenience the social might cause. You also have to meet with the assistant resident head of your house to discuss the details of the event prior to the event.
TAKE NOTE – quiet times must be adhered to:
Monday – Thursday 21:00; Friday and Saturday 23:00.
Sunday: 24 hour quiet time
Number of Guests
A maximum of 20 people will be allowed, including those residing in the block where the proposed social gathering occurs.
Consent will only be granted for one social gathering per block per night. The consent is provided on a “first come, first served” basis, provided that permission will not be granted to the same person consecutively for more than two social gatherings in any one month.